Monday, May 6, 2019

Ajahn Keng Retreat Dhamma Talk on 02 04 2019

I am a Buddhist who initially follow Mahayana Buddhism. But now with interesting Dhamma talk by Ajahn Keng, I also follow the Theravada Buddhism which emphasises on meditation. I enjoy listening to late Taiwan Mahayana monk, Master Sheng Yan Dhamma talk. Now I enjoy listening to Singaporean Theravada monk Ajahn Keng. 

Thus if someone ask me if I follow Mahayana or Theravada Buddhism, I just say I follow the best of both practices. I enjoy the Heart Sutra in Mahayana Buddhism and meditation practise from Theravada Buddhism. Both originate from Buddha but his disciples split to different groups but they are still from Buddha's teaching. As a Buddhist, be it Mahayana or Theravada, it is important to observe the 5 precepts.


No comments:

Post a Comment