Sunday, March 31, 2019

Tse Shan Monastery (慈山寺)

Tsz Shan Monastery is one temple I want to visit. Maybe I can visit Hong Kong in November this year.

Mr Li Ka-shing, a successful Hong Kong billionaire businessman is a devoted Buddhist who donated huge amount of money to help spread Buddha's teaching by building monastery. He also realised the truth that we can't bring all the wealth with us if we passed away from this human realm but we can pass on Buddha' teaching. Though I don't have that much money like him, I will use my time and effort to share Buddha's teaching through my blog. Sharing what I learned from Buddha's teaching really brought me great joy and peace. Contentment and mindfulness are indeed important. Relentless pursuit of chasing material wealth don't bring happiness. If you have lots of money and gold but don't appreciate or value what you have, its as good as being poor. We are focusing on the lack instead of appreciating what we already have.

I am really grateful to Lord Buddha for spending about 4 decades of his life spreading the truth of life to many others. The four Noble truths and the 8 Noble path to stop suffering in the samsara. I can't explain why but sometimes I feel tired with the many cycles of rebirths due to delusion and craving. I felt like I been here many times.  Even though I have not yet go through Buddhist ceremony to seek refuge, I aim to observe the 5 precepts. Last month, I broke the precept by drinking a glass of wine when we toasted during my brother's wedding. I must be mindful and ask for plain water to toss instead of wine. 

Now I'm exploring the temples to see which temple to go through the taking of refuge in the Triple Gem. 

From Wikipedia
Tsz Shan Monastery (Chinese慈山寺; ) is a large Buddhist temple located in Tung TszTai Po DistrictHong Kong. Within the Tsz Shan Monastery, an outdoor bronze Guanyinstatue, 76 meters in height, is the second highest in the world.
Tsz Temple completed its construction and opened to public visitors in April 2015, led by the Venerable Kok Kwong HHCKLA. Much of the monastery building funds were donated by local business magnate Li Ka-shing.

No comments:

Post a Comment