Saturday, January 27, 2018

Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Purvapranidhana Sutra by Imee Ooi

I'm glad I attended today Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Purvapranidhana Sutra album launch, singing and sharing session by Imee Ooi at the Maha Bodhi School. There were other singers like Jingang, a group of male singers from Malaysia and also some Singaporean singers like Singapore Buddhist Youth. 

I first got to know Imee Ooi because I like the Heart Sutra sang by her. She has amazing voice and I felt really happy to be able to listen to her singing live today. Besides singing, she also shared with us the difficulties of producing Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Purvapranidhana Sutra album for the past two years. When she produced this album, she had been dreaming of the hell realm until the album was completed. For your information, Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva (地藏王菩萨)vowed to liberate all suffering beings from the hell realm. After the completion of this album, she dreamed of her deceased grandmother becoming a male and many passengers in a big plane. According to Buddha, in the heaven realms, there are many different heavenly levels, Some heavenly realms do not have female. 

There was also a 12-min meditation with Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva sutra music. I enjoy today concert and hope she will organise another concert and hopefully she'll sing the Heart Sutra, Om Mani Padme Hum and The Great Compassion sutra. I am actually practising more on Guanyin Pusa ("[The One Who] Perceives the Sounds of the World") or Avalokitasvara Bodhisattva.

To read the Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva sutra, click here




Imee Ooi also sang The Great Compassion mantra. Frankly speaking, I don't understand but I feel happy after listening to it.
I got to know Imee Ooi because of the Heart Sutra. I hope she sing Heart Sutra if she is going to perform at the Esplanade concert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment